Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Favorite Song

 Music is my life. I am so moved by beautiful music and songs that have great significant lyrics in my life. I will be listening to a song sometimes and all of a sudden I just feel like that song was written for me! I am sure everyone has felt that way. But I feel that a lot. I am always listening to music too. When I get ready in the morning, when I am in the car, when I am doing homework, when I am excersizing, when I am walking, when I am at school, pretty much everywhere. It really is a big part of my life.
So it was really hard for me to just pick 1 song, so I picked 2 that were the first ones to pop into my head and ones that have a significant to me.

 I Am His Daughter:
 The photos in the magazines, dont dictate who I'm supossed to be
The world cant recognize all that I am inside but I know in his eyes, I am a part of the bigger picture
There's so much more to me, he helps me see that I have so much to offer, I am his daughter
He loves me the way I am, he's my strength when I stand
He is my king and my father, I am his daughter

The people on the TV screen, the leaders, rulers and queens
I watch them shape the world, and though I am just a girl I still know for sure that I am a part of the bigger picture
There's so much more to me, he helps me see that I have so much to offer, I am his daughter
He loves me the way I am, hes my strength when I stand
He is my king and my father, I am his daughter

Ad when i am feeling small, and wondering if I'll ever find courage to stand tall
Through his love I remember
Theres so much more to me
He helps me so that I have so much to offer, I am his daughter
He loves me the way I am, hes my strength when I stand
He is my kind and my father, I am his daughter

~This song is from the EFY 2010 CD. The first time I heard it was when one of the counselors sang it at a devotional or something. It is an amazing song and has such a  beautiful meaning. It touches me everytime I listen to it. And it really helps me to remember that Heavenly Father is always there and he knows all of us personally and he loves us. I think more then we will ever be able to understand. We are his children. I am so grateful for the gospel in my life.

Never Grow Up:
Your little hands wrapped around my finger and it's so quiet in the world tonight
Your little eyelids flutter cause your dreamin', so I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light
To you, everything is funny, you got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have hunny if you could stay like that

Oh darlin don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up, just stay this little
Oh darlin dont you ever grow up, dont you ever grow up, it could stay this simple
I won't let nobody hurt you, won't let no one break your heart
And no one will desert you, just try to never grow up
Never grow up

You're in the car on the way to the movies, and your mortified your mama's droppin you off
At fourteen there's just so much you can't do, and you can't wait to move out someday and call your own shots.
But don't make her drop you off around the block, remember that she's gettin older too
And don't lose the way that you danced around in your pjs gettin ready for school

Oh darlin don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up, just stay this little
Oh darlin don't you ever grow up, dont you ever grow up, it could stay this simple
And no ones ever burned you, nothins ever left you scarred
And even though you want to, just try to never grow up

Take pictures in your mind of your childhood room, memorize what it sounded like when your dad gets home
Remember the footsteps, remember the words said in all your little brothers favorite songs
I just realized everything I have is someday gonna be gone
So here I am in my new apartment in a big city, they just dropped me off.
Its so much colder than I thought it would be so I tuck myself in, and turn my night light off.

Wish I'd never grown up. I wish I'd never grown up
Oh I don't wanna grow up, wish I'd never grown up, could still be little
Oh I don't wanna grow up, wish I'd never grown up, it could still be simple
Oh darlin don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up, just stay this little
Oh darlin don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up, could stay this simple
Won't let nobody hurt you, won't let no one break your heart
And even though you want to, please try to never grow up

Don't you ever grow up, Just never grow up.

~This is one of Taylor Swift's new songs. It is such a cute song. Everytime I listen to it, it makes me think about when I was little. It makes me look back on the time when there were no worries, no stress about school or life in general. I just had fun and I lived my life to the fullest. I remember just being crazy and happy all the time. I wish I could go back to being little. Those were the best times of my life. But I can't and I really think that we can all learn from children. We can look at how they live life and follow their example. Kids are so innocent and just have no worries because they haven't been exposed to the real world yet. Even though there is so much pressure and stress in our lives, we can still follow their example and live life to its fullest and be the person that we want to be. We are only on earth for a short time, so let's make the most of it.

6 comments:

Rachelizabeth said...

oh my gosh i didn't even think to write about efy music when i wrote mine, but that is soo true! i listen to either taylor swift or efy cds practically 24/7!!! love it! :)

Becca Dorian said...

Me too!! Okay rachel what is your blog url? because i dont know it so that means I can't see your blog!!!

Aly Carter said...

sooo basically i'm hooked on your blog :)

Becca Dorian said...

Yay Aly I am excited you are hooked on it!! Check it everyday! :) that makes me happy that you like it so much

Rachelizabeth said...

it's rachelizabeth22.blogspot.com :)

i'm hooked on your blog too :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH. I listen to it all the time!!! It makes me feel better when I'm sad. Your a lot like me I'm starting to realize from reading this blog of yours haha