Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Best Friends: What would life be like without them?

I have a couple best friends. They have all helped me in my life so much and have been great influences and I am so grateful for every single one of them! So here they are:

1. Macey Bleazard: This girl is so cute! I have known her since I was a baby. We are about a month and a half apart and she has been my best friend since I was born because our parents were friends before. I remember having so many play-dates with her! We would go to Mcdonald's every week and would play on the playground for hours! We went to the same school from preschool until I think it was second grade. I was so sad when she moved to a different school because I didn't know what I would do without her! But we still saw each other a lot! Then I moved to California and she would still call me on my birthday and I would call her on hers and we would talk whenever we could. I have gone back and seen her but only once. I wish I could see her more. But she is just such a fun girl! We could sit and talk about anything and everything and when I visited her we told each other EVERYTHING about our lives! I miss her and love her!!

2. Sarah Jenson: I have known Sarah since she moved to California which I think was a year after I moved here. She moved into my ward and we instantly became friends! When we were in elementary school and middle school, we were so opposite each other. We had different opinions and different views, but that is why we liked to hang out so much! She has a great personality and is just the sweetest girl! I remember going to her house all the time and just watching a movie or talking. I know I can be myself around her and I can tell her anything. She might not have that much to say, but I love that about her because she can just sit there and listen to me! She is an amazing listener and just an amazing person! She has really made me want to become a better person and just enjoy life! I love her for that and all she has done for me!

3. Aly Carter: Oh my goodness this girl is hilarious! She just moved in last February.. I think:) When I was driving home from Nevada one Sunday, Sarah Jenson texted me and told me that a new girl named Aly had just moved in and was in her ward and that she was going to be at Torrey Pines. I was so excited to meet her because I don't have alot of mormon friends at school. So she came to youth choir practice that night and I just thought she was so cute! And she is. We have become really good friends. We have alot in common and can just hang out and laugh at random weird things. She is a fun girl and I always have a good time when I am with her. And I remember that I was going through a hard time a little while after she had moved in and we had hung out a couple times and I would just start telling her everything that was going on at the time in seminary. And she was very supportive and there for me. I am so glad that she moved here and I love her!

4. Rachel Potter: So I met Rachel at EFY in 2008. She was in my group and I started talking to her because of Caitlin. We actually weren't that great of friends during EFY. I mean we were friends but not instant best friends! But as the week went on we became better friends and then on the last night, she came into our apartment and stayed with us for a while and we just sat and talked because we were so sad it was the last night! And we hung out with our counselor and we really bonded. After that week Rachel and I would talk on facebook and on the phone and we became such good friends! We tell each other everything. I know that I can tell her anything and she will always be there for me no matter what. I called her once on her birthday and we just talked about life for like 2 hours :) It was so fun! I am grateful that she only lives a couple hours away but I really wish she lived closer! I love when she comes and visits and her, Caitlin, and I hang out! She has really been a great influence on my life and has strengthened my testimony in so many ways. I love her to death!

5. Caitlin Lang: Oh my where do I even start? Well we also met at EFY 2008. She was in my apartment. Sorry backing up. So earlier that day, my cousin Tara and I went to the airport to get on a plane to go to Provo for EFY and we get there and find out there was a 4 hour wait. And of course my mom could not stay that long so she had to live and I was so scared because I had never gone in an airplane without my parents, I actually had never been away from home except for girls camp. And like an hour after my mom left I was already homesick. So i just wanted to go home and I was thinking there was no point of even going if we were going to be so late! So I was not having a good day, but then we walk into the apartment and there were 4 girls I didn't know and I was nervous. But then Caitlin and Lydia her roommate were the first ones to come and introduce themselves. And then she even hugged us goodnight! It made me so happy! I was just like I love this girl! So that week we just hung out all the time and became best friends instantly! She has been the greatest influence in my life. I have learned so much from her and her example. And I can be totally and completely myself around her. I can say the stupidest and weirdest (or even grossest) thing and she will laugh or say something funny :) We really have so much fun with each other. We have stayed up late many times talking about EVERYTHING!! She knows everything about me. And I know I can always go to her for anything. She is so sweet and has been there for me through the ups and downs. Especially the downs. I don't know what I would do without her. I love her so much!!!

6. Tara Hansen: Tara is my cousin. She is the only cousin I have that is exactly my age. We have been best friends since before we were even born. Our moms are best friends too. I love visiting her because we do crazy fun things and we laugh. A lot! We have stayed up talking to each other and have been totally talking about something but then have fallen asleep. She has taken me all over her little town Mesquite and introduced me to all her friends. She is so so so cute and sweet and I love seeing her! I also can go to her about anything and she will be there for me. I just have way too many good memories with this girl. She knows I am crazy and weird but she still hangs out with me and loves me! I love her like a sister! We practically are sisters :)

7. Rachel Dorian: Well this girl has known me since I was born. I really have too many memories to mention on here but I just remember us being best friends when we were little. We matched and shared a room (we shared a room even until she moved out), and did just about everything together! No joke! We always had so much fun and even though I was a little brat when I was younger, she still loved me and played with me. She was always there for me when I was sad. And then we were both teenagers and we are only a year and a half apart and complete opposites. So we fought. A lot. But then 2 seconds later we would be laughing and telling each other stories. And even though we have very little in common and we do not agree on a lot of things, we still have fun together. We kind of complete each other. And now that she has gone to college, I really really miss her. I was devastated when she left and it is still really hard. We have never been apart. It is so different not coming home and seeing her in our room, or waiting for her to come home from work, or going to seminary with me, or anything. It is so hard and I miss her like crazy and I wish we were still little and 2 crazy little girls with pig tails and matching dresses. But it is good that she has left because it has really made me realize how much I do love her and look up to her. I am so proud of all that she has done and the life she is living right now. I really look up to her. I love her to death and I am so grateful we are sisters!!

5 comments:

Shari said...

This is really cute. One correction though...you met Macey when you were 2. But who really cares right? I'm sure you guys knew eachother even before you were born!

Rachel D. Peterson said...

<3 <3 <3 :) Thanks Becca, love you too, and we were meant to be sisters.

Becca Dorian said...

Yeah mom you never told me how we met so I just assumed.

Becca Dorian said...

And Rachel we totally were. Love you!

Caitlin Lang said...

I love you Becca!!!!!